- 1 Download and Upgrade to 15.0+ Series
- 2 New Features of ZenTao 15 Series
- 3 Interface Changes of 15 Series
- 4 Update to the Latest Version
- 5 Quick Start of 15 Series
- 6. Basic Application of Version 15
7. Base On The Roles
- 7.1. Admin
- 7.2. Program Leader
- 7.3. Product Owner
- 7.4. Project Manager
7.5. Development Team
- 7.5.1 Apply for Tasks and Bugs
- 7.5.2 Update Status
- 7.5.3 Complete Tasks and Bugs
- 7.5.4 Submit Codes
- 7.5.5 The General Kanban, Story Kanban, Bug Kanban, and Task Kanban
- 7.6. Test Team
- 8. DevOps Features
- 9 General Kanban
- 10. Backstage Settings of Version 15
11. Privileges Management and Access Control of Version 15
- 11.1 Privileges Management and Access Control for Programs
- 11.2 Privileges Management and Access Control for Products
- 11.3 Privileges Management and Access Control for Projects
- 11.4 Privileges Management and Access Control for Executions
- 11.5 Access Control and Data Relationships for Projects and Executions
Import Jira Data
ZenTao supports importing Jira data since version 16.4 of ZenTao open source edition.
This feature is only available to super administrators for safety reasons.
Please make sure to back up the database and attachments for both ZenTao and Jira before importing the data.
Before starting the import, you need to map Jira to ZenTao.
Importing workflows from Jira is not available for now.
Jira data can't be imported if the PHP version is below 5.6 due to the low performance for processing imported data.
The import process will take some time, please wait patiently.
1. Steps for Importing Jira Data
- Export the Jira database if it uses MySQL database; export Jira's XML format files if it uses a non-MySQL database; export Jira's attachment.
- Back up the database of ZenTao. Post a reminder of preparing for Jira data import, don't let others use ZenTao during the import process.
- The super administrator goes to More - Admin - System - Import Jira, and then selects the import method: Import from database or Import from file.
- Follow the prompts to place Jira data, attachments, and files into the specified directory, and make sure the directory has permissions.
- Follow the prompts to map Jira to ZenTao: objects, relates, resolution, status, user password and privilege grouping.
- After the settings are completed, click Import Data.
Entrance to the Import Jira:
We can see that there are 2 methods to import Jira:
- Import from Database (Supported only for Jira users using MySQL databases)
- Import from File (Supported for all Jira users)
Import from Database:
Please follow the prompts to place the files and attachments in the specified location.
Import from file:
You need to create a jirafile folder in ZenTao's tmp directory, and make sure that the jirafile folder has directory read and write permissions.
2. Map Jira to ZenTao
Because importing data is a high-risk operation, please kindly make a database backup before importing.
We made the import program into multiple executions in case of the large amount of data in Jira. In the form of executing a small amount of data at a time, the import process consumes a large amount of memory. So please try to ensure that no users access ZenTao during the import process.
In addition to importing Jira data, it's also needed to import Jira attachments, so please place the Jira attachments in the specified location on the server.
Next, import Jira database into the MySQL used by ZenTao, and then enter the name of the Jira database imported into MySQL on the page to proceed to the next step.
If all the above operations go well, click Next to go to the page for mapping Jira to ZenTao. Please follow the prompts to set the map. If you leave the map blank, the data under that type in Jira will not be recognized nor imported into the ZenTao.
2.1 Jira Issues and ZenTao Objects
Map Jira issues to ZenTao objects. The ZenTao objects include Task, Requirement, Story, and Bug.
Click Next after the settings are completed.
2.2 Jira Relates and ZenTao Link Type
Map Jira Relates to ZenTao Link Type. The ZenTao Link Types include Relates, Duplicate, Parent-Child Task, and Parent-Child Story.
2.3 Jira Resolution and ZenTao Resolution
Map Jira resolution to ZenTao resolution and ZenTao story closed reason.
2.4 Jira Status and ZenTao Status
Map Jira status to ZenTao status, Zentao story stage, Zentao task status, and Zentao bug status.
Because Jira issues, relate, resolution, and status are customized, we need to set mapping of relationships before import. Leave it blank if you don't want the data imported to ZenTao. The pages for setting map are similar, so just choose according to your actual situation. After all the mapping is completed, click Next to set Jira user.
2.5 Jira User
Set the password and privilege group for Jira users.
Because the encryption algorithm for user passwords in ZenTao is different from Jira, we need to set the default passwords and privilege groups for the imported users.
After the password and privilege groups are set, click Next to the final page.
2.6 Start Import
Click Start. The import process will take some time, please wait patiently.
There will be a prompt "Data Import Complete" once all the data is imported successfully.
The second import method "Import from File" is similar to "Import from Database" above, not to be repeated here.
Good luck with the data import, and welcome to ZenTao world!